Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Loknar's Ramblings on MOO2

Merry Christmas Moo'ers! To celebrate the wonderful holiday season I will be posting my very own game review of Master of Orion 2. 

Master of Orion 2 is a turn-based strategy game, focusing on the 4X's, which are eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate. Coincidentally, the term was coined by one of MoO2's very own developers. I believe gameplay can be divided into five different stages, those being:

1. Race setup and pre-game prep
2. Early development and tech research
3. Expansion and colonization
4. War with other empires
5. Winning the game

You can win the game in 3 ways: By eliminating all other players, by winning the council vote, and by defeating the Antarans.

If I were to rate MoO2, I would give the regular version(1.31) 90 points and 1.50 patch 95 points. I really enjoy the aspects of empire management, tactical combat, and modding.

Of course, since I only have 1.5 years of experience, it would be impossible for me to describe the whole game with a simple blog post. MoO2 is best summarized by those who have played it the most
so here are some links to strategy guides.

I.Cybersaber's Strategy Guide- One of the best ever written and most widely used
http://masteroforion2.blogspot.com/2005/03/master-of-orion-ii-strategy-guide.html

II.Gamespot's GameFAQs
MOO2 section with various (old) guides and other info.

III.Kfizzle's MOO2 Guide
Another old guide, but very detailed.

Of course, there are also many great MoO2 videos on youtube, and great tips on community forums.

Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment